MINIMUM PROGRAM FOR CERTIFICATION OF YOGA TEACHER TRAINING SCHOOLS
· Ashtanga Yoga: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
· Theorical & practical study about different Path of Yoga, i.e.- Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga etc…
· Hatha Yoga practice
2.- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
· History of Yoga
· General Concepts
· History of Western philosophy thinking
· Orient -Western Integration
· Western Psicology
· The 6 Dharsanas
· Sacred Texts: Vedas, the most important Upanishads, Samkhya Karika, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Bhagavad Gita.
· Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma)
· TRANSMISSION OF TECNIC AND ESSENCE OF YOGA
· INSTRUCTIONS TO ENSURE THE PHISICAL, MENTAL AND INNER COMPRENHENSION OF THE STUDENT.
· KNOWLEDGE OF ASANAS AND GROUP OF ASANAS
· KNOWLEDGE OGF THE HUMAN BODY TO AVOID INJURIES
· STRUCTURING YOGA CLASS
· PRACTICE AND PEDAGOGY METODOLOGY
· RELACTIONSHIP BETWEEN TEACHER-STUDENT
· FIRST AIDS
5.- THEORY AND PRACTICE OF YOGA
· ANATOMY AND PHISIOLOGY
· MUDRAS & BHANDAS
Those students inscribed into the Yoga Teacher training programs in Certificated Schools, must to:
- To be more than 18 years old.
- To be already a Yoga practitioner.
- To be motivated.
TRAINING PROGRAMM TIME
The Complete Yoga Teachers Training Program, established as a MINIMUM by the European Yoga Federation is about 640 hours in a minimum period of 4 years.
TRAINING TIME DISTRIBUTION
The European Yoga Federation recommend to all schools to do a continue evaluation of the student progress, both of knowledge level and yogic attitude as well.
Once the schools have been certificated, must issue a Final Report for student evaluation and the overcoming of the program goals, i.e., PASS or NO PASS. This Final Report will have to be sent to the Federation Pedagogical Committee, who will issue the corresponding “Yoga Teacher Certification” by the European Yoga Federation.
FINAL EVALUATION TEST
The final evaluation test and the test proposed are chosen freely by Schools.
They must include: verbal test, written, practical, pedagogic and theorical.Furthermore, the certification of Yoga Teachers predicts the presentation of a FINAL THESIS made of a minimum of 40 pages which will be evaluated by the schools.